27 July 2013

MIASMA INC./SOUNDTRACK MUSIC PROJECT

These two pieces came out of some experiments with Native Instruments Reaktor, not the most user friendly of the virtual instruments out there. In fact I completely removed the software from my computer no less than three times in frustration before giving it one more go after figuring out to do resampling in Abelton Live.  If you don't know what resampling and virtual instruments are then you are a lucky soul and I beseech you to stay away from such sorcery and black magic lest it drive you mad, as it did me. But I did get a sort of knack for things after a bit of monkeying around (as in almost two gigs worth of project and sample files on my PC) but I am beginning to get happy with the results, though they are in no way reproducable. Accidental music in a sense. Accidental though accidents that take a few hours to get right. 

SOFTWARE/HARDWARE
Ableton Live 8.2.1
Reaktor 5
Kontakt 5
Alchemy 2.4

 
SHUTTLE CRAFT ADRIFT I
INTERNET ARCHIVE PAGE
   
SHUTTLE CRAFT ADRIFT II 

No comments: